"Who Concerning the Truth Have Misaimed"
2 Tim. 2:18a - Who concerning the truth have misaimed...
A few dissenting brothers have published criticisms of the teachings of the ministry in the Lord's recovery on crucial matters related to the preservation of the proper oneness in the Body of Christ. This series of books contains extensive responses from the Bible and the ministry of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee to the issues raised in those criticisms. The dissenting ones have misaimed concerning the truth (2 Tim. 2:18a), as the divisive fruit of their misaimings increasingly manifests. We commit these articles to the saints' prayerful consideration before the Lord in the hope that they can instruct, heal, and inoculate them and equip them to inoculate others (1 Tim. 1:3-4; 6:3-4; 2 Tim. 2:1-3, 14-15, 23-26; 3:16-17).
The articles in this series address the following issues:
- The Different Teachings and Dissenting Views of Titus Chu and Certain of His Co-workers
- The Heresy of Division
- Concerning the Practice of the Body Life
- "Practically Speaking, for Us the Body Today Is Just the Lord's Recovery"—Did Minoru Chen "Go Beyond What Has Been Written"?
- Speaking to the Entire Body of Christ
- Do the Co-workers "De-emphasize" the Local Church?
- "A Local Church Is Christ's Body"—A Prescription for Division in the Name of Local Oneness
- Can You Be in the Local Church But Not in the Body?
- Authority in the Body of Christ and in the Local Churches
- On Holding the Head and Interpretational Differences
- Who Represents the Head and the Body?
- The Devastating Consequences of Replacing God's Governmental Arrangement in the Church with a Secular System of Control
- Properly Discerning Spiritual Authority to Rightly Follow the Lord
- Concerning the Ministry and the Work
- The Vision of the Age, the Ministry of the Age, and the Minister of the Age
- The Way of Blending and the Leadership in the Ministry in the Lord's Recovery Today
- Concerning the Regions of the Work and Companies of Workers
- Using Worldly Means to Gain Increase
1 Tim. 1:3-4 -  Even as I exhorted you, when I was going into Macedonia, to remain in Ephesus in order that you might charge certain ones not to teach different things  nor to give heed to myths and unending genealogies, which produce questionings rather than God's economy, which is in faith.
1 Tim. 6:3-4 -  If anyone teaches different things and does not consent to healthy words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the teaching which is according to godliness,  he is blinded with pride, understanding nothing, but is diseased with questionings and contentions of words, out of which come envy, strife, slanders, evil suspicions.
2 Tim. 2:1-3 -  You therefore, my child, be empowered in the grace which is in Christ Jesus;  and the things which you have heard from me through many witnesses, these commit to faithful men, who will be competent to teach others also.  Suffer evil with me as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
2 Tim. 2:14-15 -  Remind them of these things, solemnly charging them before God not to have contentions of words, which is useful for nothing, to the ruin of those who hear.  Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, an unashamed workman, cutting straight the word of the truth.
2 Tim. 2:23-26 -  But foolish questionings and those arising from an untrained mind refuse, knowing that they beget contentions.  But a slave of the Lord ought not to contend but be gentle toward all, apt to teach, bearing with wrong;  in meekness correcting those who oppose, if perhaps God may give them repentance unto the full knowledge of the truth,  and they may return to soberness out of the snare of the devil, having been caught alive by him, unto His will.
2 Tim. 3:16-17 -  All Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for conviction, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,  that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.